Thursday, October 21, 2010

Whole Leaf Tea Bags: Green Tea Passion

A few weeks ago I went to Orlando, Florida for a conference. In between sessions, there were coffee, tea, and snacks available. The teas offered were whole leaf tea bags from "Mighty Leaf Tea". I happened to snag a few to take home so I could cut open the tea bag and take some pictures of the tea leaves. The packaging was very generic as you can see from the pictures, but the pouch that held the tea leaves was nice. According to the company, the tea pouches are made of polylactic corn that is GMO-free and biodegradable.
I realized I had some Mightly Leaf Tea bags at home afterwards, not sure where I picked them up from but they were a lot nicer in terms of packaging...maybe it was at a spa. Anyway, it's the tea that should be important, right? (But, nice packaging always catches my eye.)

Nicer designed packaging...not sure how old these are though? -- will try next time.
Tonight I decided to try the "Green Tea Passion" tea. Although some consider tea bags to be inferior to loose leaf teas, some tea bags can still produce a nice cup of tea, are convenient, contain the appropriate portion, and are individually packaged/sealed - so tea bags are a staple in my cupboard too. Once you rip it open, the smell of tropical fruits is quite strong. Observations:

  • Dry leaves: cut or broken green leaves, with stems, it also appears there may be some dried flowers mixed in but very little


  • Liquid colour: yellow

  • Liquid aroma: fruity (as it is a blended tea)

  • Liquid flavour: mild, fruity, citrus flavours, taste of the green tea is very light - but as it cooled down i could taste more of the green tea however still mild


  • Leaves after: looking at the leaves after, the leaves are cut, not all the same size, green in colour
Overall, I think this tea bag is good in terms of flavour. The fruity fragrance of the tea was also good and lingered.

No comments:

Post a Comment